30 years ago

30 years ago my nephew was born, now he’s a Dr,

six weeks later my mother died

5 priests and 500 mourners

8 weeks later my dad died, but came back from the dead

so a birth, a death and a resurrection

Today is the feast of Lazarus

he lived 30 more years and was a priest

my dad lived 5.5 years

i met and married a Shanghai girl

Dad held his new grand daugther in his arms on his 80th Birthday

he died a few months later

the very week I got the best job of my life

doing EVERYTHING in a hotel, CPNEC Crowne Plaza

SO I’mm thinking, I wrote Padre Pio and Me

and in it I mused would i do more with my life

Maybe all the writing is my legacy

BUT without the miracle of my dad

I would have done none of it

It would have killed me stone dead

So blame Pad Webb for me writing

The Butcher The Baker and The Undertaker by Michael Casey

and blame Padre Pio for the rest

though Frassati is Pio’s apprentice now

3.4 million words flow and I write as I speak

so its a conversation

Don’t forget to talk to your own dad

and to God as well

Prayer does work

and why you all get to suffer my words

all over the world

God alone knows

but Mary is. my mum’s best friend

mangers in common maybe

where my mum was born

Leave