Friday, 7 August 2026

I Want to Be a Radio Star: A Love Story By Michael Casey. my fav story. of all

  I Want to Be a Radio Star: A Love Story

By Michael Casey
Michael was a security guard at All You Want department store. He'd been there a number of years. He enjoyed meeting people and helping out.
Occasionally, he'd have to run when a thief came a-visiting. He was not very good at running, as he was big—or fat, if you want the truth. But he was good at improvising. He always had a plastic carrier with him, a plastic basket. So if a thief came, he soon knocked them to the ground. He was a good shot. So he threw the plastic carrier at them. A thief cannot run if his legs are inside a carrier.
So, Michael was held in high regard by the owner. The Old Forge and Singing Anvil store had the lowest theft rate in the whole of England. So everybody was happy.
But Michael harboured a dream. He wanted to be a radio star. Well, not a star, he just wanted a quiet corner to read out his stories. He'd been writing a long time, but nobody knew, apart from the girl in the stationery shop where he bought his paper and ink. He'd shown her his stuff, and she was his number-one fan.
If only he'd ask her out. She fancied him something rotten. ://typad.com was his site, and he'd recorded his stories there. Doris would lay on her bed and listen to Michael reading his stories. He had 500-plus of them. She just wished he was lying on the bed next to her. Doris wanted Michael, but she was far too shy to say. She promised herself that one day, she'd pluck up the courage to tell him.
Michael had had a busy day, and he'd caught three thieves—a family, in fact. Sergeant Mulholland had taken them away with a smile. He'd have them playing chess against him while they were in the cells.
Michael had managed to bang his head when he captured the thieves. A little blood was trickling down into his eyes. Doris had been visiting All You Want. When she saw the bulk of Michael, her heart skipped a beat. She noticed the blood trickling down his eyes, into his eyes. Her maternal instincts kicked in. She ran towards him and grabbed him by the arm.
"Michael, you're wounded! Let me take a look at that," she said, as she looked into his eyes. She took out her hanky and spat into it. Then, just like a mother, she wiped the blood away.
"This looks bad. You need to apply pressure and put a bandage on," she chided him. Then she took his hand in hers, and she led him to the first-aid point. Her heart beat more, his heart beat more. Had it taken a beating about the head for the drumbeat of love to be heard? They made their way to the office.
"Here, sit on the desk and I'll apply pressure," she said, as she pushed him back on the desk.
That push would change both their lives. For accidentally, she'd switched on the Tannoy. The whole of All You Want would hear every everything.
"Let me look at that wound. Just apply pressure, then I'll put a bandage on," she cooed.
"You're really gentle. You'll make a great mum someday," replied Michael.
She pushed too much on the wound. "Oh! That hurts!" screamed Michael, his screams echoing around All You Want.
"Sorry, but I'd need a boyfriend before I could be a mum," replied Doris, as she looked deeply into his eyes.
"I assume you had one already. I mean, you're a big girl," observed Michael.
"You're saying I'm fat?" asked Doris indignantly.
"No, you're perfect. I mean, I think you're perfect," replied Michael, starting to blush.
"I think you're perfect too. When I listen to your stories on the computer while I lay on my bed at night, I think it would be so much better if you were on the bed beside me. The real thing, and not just a voice on the computer," replied Doris.
Cheers echoed throughout All You Want. People had stopped to listen and enjoyed an unfolding love story.
"Tell us one of your stories," pleaded Doris. She had decided he was going to be hers. She would be a mum, and he would be the dad.
"Which one?" asked Michael, his heart beat going faster. He looked at her, and she looked at him. They twinkled, even. Twinkling said it all. It was like a comet across the night sky.
Michael told a tale of three. People in All You Want listened. He really was a good storyteller. He actually wrote stories and could tell them so well. The Tannoy echoed: Michael and Doris were in love. The urge was upon them.
"Kiss me," whispered Doris.
"Kiss you where?" whispered Michael.
The whole store looked up to the first-aid room. They could see Michael and Doris kissing. They could hear the heavy breathing. They could hear their heavy breathing. It was true love.
Roger had been on car park patrol. He had a megaphone in his hand. He watched and listened from the store below, just by the toilet rolls.
"Michael, if you and Doris are going to make love, please turn off the Tannoy first," he laughed through the megaphone.
Doris slowly switched off the Tannoy. She had Michael where she wanted him. The next day, Michael was summoned to the office. It must be the sack, nothing else. Doris was by his side. She'll tell them it was all her fault, it was the urge and so on.
Mr. Blair was there. Things didn't look good.
"I heard about yesterday, and I only have one thing to say," began Mr. Blair.
"It's all my fault, Mr. Blair. I just realized how much I love Michael. I've been listening to his stories for months—all 500-plus of them. Every night hearing his voice as I lay naked on my bed, it's too much. A girl can only take so much. Nature is nature," explained Doris.
Michael realized he may have lost his job, but he had got something better in exchange: he had got Doris. Or rather, she had him.
"Michael, get a room. In fact, get married. I'm giving you two weeks off. I have this cottage in the Virgin Islands. Your honeymoon will be there. But don't make too much noise, Richard Branson is a neighbour," ordered Mr. Blair.
"That's so generous," gushed Doris.
"Then when you come back, Michael, there will be changes. I want you to record all 500-plus of your stories. We've had feedback from the shoppers. They all want to buy copies of your stories, and All You Want gives shoppers all they want," declared Mr. Blair.
So Michael and Doris went to the Virgin Isles for their honeymoon. And as they lay naked on their marriage bed, Michael told Doris stories—lots of stories, 500 times over.




THIS  IS MY FAVOURITE STORY OUT OF THE 1000s. AND I NEVER HAD A TEXT

SO HERE IT IS AS GEMINI just transcribed it for me


its better on Audio, but at least you can all read it


this is my new tortoise, called DEAN , named after slowcoach Jeff Dean , lost the IP 

if he doesn't hurry, new company can have it for the full fee and 4 houses

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

I Want to Be a Radio Star: A Love Story By Michael Casey. my fav story. of all

   I Want to Be a Radio Star: A Love Story By Michael Casey Michael was a security guard at All You Want department store. He'd been the...